4WD Australia - 50 Short Getaways
By Linda Lee Rathbun and Steven David Miller
Paperback, 2009, 421pages, new
The "real" Australia does not lie at the end of a comfortable sealed road, but rather at the end of all those unsealed roads leading to an endless number of perfect destinations. This guide is another 'must have' in the Gregory's 4WD series: it will help you plan anything from a short getaway near a major urban centre to a longer 4WD holiday in the farthest corner of the Australia. With this book, you will be able to plan and experience some of the best 4WD getaways that Australia has to offer.
- Use this book for your next 4WD or AWD holiday: we don't just offer you a drive, we offer you a destination with activities for the entire family.
- Each getaway suggests a route with places to see along the way and all the information needed to get the most out of your time and money.
- Road ratings and descriptions help you choose the best getaway for your time-frame and vehicle whether it be a 4WD, AWD or SUV.
- The maps are easy to use and include route notes with specific point-by-point information.
- Each getaway includes highlights and activities, campsite and town information tables. and helpful phone numbers and websites.
- Getaways can be taken one at a time, or combined, depending on travel time available.