By Roy McKenzie
This is largely the story of the horses and men who made a significant contribution to the development of Roydon Lodge Stud. It tells something of our founder and illustrates how far in time and space his shadow has been cast.
* Our beginnings and something of the beginnings of trotting In New Zealand particularly the fascinating decade of the mid 1920s and 1930s
* The development of Roydon Lodge Studs early female families such as those from Spangled Maiden and later Parisienne, leads on to our American experiences with Arania in the International Series, and the breeding that followed from mares that raced and retired there to stud, then returned to New Zealand;
* The purchased of our sires over the years, including : U. Scott, Light Brigade, Captain Adios and others:
* The pioneering racing/ sales visits of the 1960s covering Jay Ar, Garcon Dor, Golden Sands;
* A chapter deals with association with Del Millar of Adios and Meadows Lands Farm Fame;
* A chapter is devoted to how our electrocardiograms relates to performances. These pioneering studies began with yearlings in the 1950s.
Large hard cover with dj, good condition, wear in dj, 1978 172 pages