By Dr David Bennett & Dr Leanne Rowe
This book gives parents answers they desperately need. It covers the key issues that arise with each stage of the teenage years including:
- the physical and emotional highs and lows of puberty
- diet, health and eating disorders
- problems at school and university
- drugs and risk taking
- how to protect your marriage when the children are out of control
- tips for resolving conflicts with your teenagers
- where to go when you need to call in the professionals
The teenage years are the most challenging for any parent, when do you let go and when should you ask questions to make sure your teenagers aren't in trouble.
- Parents worry too much, so I don't talk about my problems to them.
- Why clean up when it'll just get messy again?
- I really need my parents to keep reassuring me they love me but I want to be independent too.
- On a lot of days I feel empty and don't even know what I feel.
- My parents fit all the time. I get really scared they will split up.
paperback, good condition 2003 386 pages