By Elizabeth & Harry Orsman
This is the first comprehensive dictionary of distinctive New Zealand English and is more notable for the following features.
* some 4,500 head words with a total word count of over 190,00
* head words cover historical and present uses
* many entries are illustrated with quotations of New Zealand authors
* loanwords, especially from MAORI are identified
* parts of speech are given when appropriate
* a comprehensive essay on New Zealand English both past and present is provided as an introduction.
New Zealand English is one of the youngest regional dialects of English, equal in status with such older regional dialects as those of Britain, North America and Australia.
New House Publishers
321pp, 15x22cms, Paperback
very good condition