A do-it-yourself guide to the New Zealand timber-framed house
This step-by-step guide outlines the options open to you and illustrates the various ways of altering or adding on to your house:
- by adding on at the same level
- by adding on at various levels
- by excavating underneath the house
- by lifting the house and adding a basement
- by building another storey on top of the house, or
- by utilising the attic spaces
It shows how to plan your additions and provides information on the various methods of construction.
More than 100 finely detailed architectural and pictorial drawings accompany this highly practical text, which also outlines precautions to be taken and the methods of strengthening the house before joining new work to it.
Softcover - 148 pages Published 1986, good condition