The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible: 150 Fabulous Fondant Designs with Easy-to-Follow Charts and Photographs
by Sheila Lampkin
The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible presents 150 foolproof motifs to create that special cake for any occasion, from simple and fun to elegant and elaborate. Using easy-to-follow instructions and illustrated templates, the book takes the home baker through all the steps: from making the right amount of fondant or marzipan, to choosing and sizing a design and transferring it to the cake.
The book includes icing and fondant recipes, seasonal designs, patterns and borders, 3-D models, marzipan fruits and figures, and sugar flowers. Features include:
* 188-page design directory
* Large full-color photograph of the finished motif
* Black-line template size guides
* Dough gauge showing how much fondant to make
* At-a-glance color listing in recipes
* Flat, low-relief, three-dimensional and piped motifs
* Tips on application
* Mixing and matching motifs
* Designs graded for difficulty.
The Cake Decorator's Motif Bible is wiro-bound for easy lay-flat use. It provides innovative inspiration with complete and truly fail-safe instructions for unforgettable results every time.
Hard cover Spiral-bound, 2009 reprint 256 pages, good condition, cover have dent/tear damage