What really is in the food we eat
By Sue Kedgley
A startling expose of the hidden hazards in New Zealand's food.
But the news isn't all bad: Eating Safely in a Toxic World outlines simple steps we can all follow to reduce the toxic load on our bodies.
A STARTLING EXPOS OF THE HIDDEN HAZARDS IN NEW ZEALAND FOOD
* many additives in our food have been banned overseas
* natural foods such as vegetables, fruit and meat can contain residues of toxic substances
* fruit could have been sprayed twenty times before picking
* fish may contain ten times the amount of legally permitted mercury
* a typical Kiwi lunch could include sixteen
- different pesticides
* some children consume more than 150 additives a day
But the news isn't all bad: Eating Safely in a Toxic World outlines
Paperback in good condition 1998 324 pages