The beginner's guide to taking and making great digital photographs
by Ian Probert and Peter Cope
So, your friends have been emailing you fabulous digital photos and you're eager to learn how to do this yourself. Youve considered the many advantages of going digital, and youre now ready to...
* Choose a camera thats right for you
* Shoot, download, and edit images
* Print your own photos rather than paying expensive processing fees
But how do you actually do any of this? PERFECT DIGITAL PHOTOS IN A SNAP guides you through all of the exciting possibilities of this extraordinary technology. Easy-to-follow text and step-by-step illustrations cover virtually everything you need to know about digital photographyfrom choosing a camera to manipulating images fo posting your photos on the Web. Youll also find the latest digital camera techniques, tips on effects, creative projects, and much, much more in these information-packed pages.
Youll find help, guidance, and great tips and tricks in each of these four comprehensive sections:
* Introducing Digital Photography, which describes the basics of digital photographyincluding what you should look for when buying a digital camera anna computer, connecting your camera to your computer, and how to choose and use the appropriate software,
* Using a Digital Camera, which explains how to use the cameras various features, including the zoom lens, aperture settings, and sensitivity settingseven advanced camera features such as autobracketing and in-camera image editing. Here, too, is detailed advice on getting great shot, whether you're composting portraits, shooting sights on an exotic trip, or seizing the moment at a sporting event.
*The Digital Darkroom: which tells you howto fix the most common problems - red eye, blurred images, underexposure, and more
*Printing, showing, sharing, and printing them on T-shirts or using them on greeting cards
Hardback, 2003, 176pages, excellent condition